Thursday, September 10, 2009

It's the weekend!

Yay!
I had my last first class this morning, Berlin in and as Literature. I'm still not quite sure how I feel about it, but I think I'm going to like it. We visited Brecht's apartment (which is just a couple blocks down), which has been turned into a museum/archive. That was pretty cool, as we were given a tour through it that was just long enough to be worth it but still short enough to keep my attention.
I had yet another long break between that and German, so I went and bought some more notebooks and had lunch, killing time because I didn't yet have very much homework (for which I had the necessary material). However, that will all change tomorrow. I already have 20 pages of German to read (Der weisse Rose), a play by Brecht (Mother Courage and her Children), in English thankfully, and once I get the readers much more. Eek. Good thing I've got at least all weekend for them, if not even longer! Gotta love these (mostly) once a week classes.
I then did some real grocery shopping, getting staples like milk, eggs, OJ, olive oil, etc. Let me tell you, living on the 4th (5th for you non-Germans) floor with no elevator is not fun when you just did the newly-moved grocery shopping. Boy did my shoulders hurt by the time I got to the top of the stairs. Oh well. I'll be in great shape, right?
This evening I went out for "happy hour" (ie a beer early in the evening) with about 8 other people from my program. We went to some random bar and just hung out for an hour or so. After one (quite large) beer I was ready to head back and make some dinner and fall asleep, so I came back a bit earlier than most of the others. I had a great time though, and I've become a big fan of leaving while I'm still having fun, so I don't end up annoyed or frustrated or just too tired (which believe me, has happened too many times).
So goodnight all, and join in my happiness at not having to set an alarm for tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment