Sunday, September 13, 2009

Boring day

Really, it was.
I went to church this morning. I got there surprisingly easily considering my lack of familiarity with the public transportation here. Just one transfer, whew!
Church itself though-not a success. As I mentioned before, I went to a Catholic mass. I basically just felt uncomfortable the whole time. Part of that was due to my beliefs, which don't exactly line up with Catholic dogma. However, that wasn't all-or I think even most-of it. It was a very, very small congregation. Like 40 people, maybe. I felt awkward because I didn't always know what to do, since I haven't been to a Catholic service other than Christmas in a long, long time, and I didn't feel like anybody was ready to help me out or welcome me. True, I didn't stay for their version of coffee hour, but I just didn't fit there at all. It didn't help that everybody there was about 35+ or their children-mostly the younger adults had kids, so I didn't feel that there would even be anybody to really connect with. I know that age shouldn't matter...but when I already feel divided by faith, age doesn't help. I think I'll try a different church next Sunday...
The rest of the day I spent doing homework/watching the rest of Moulin Rouge for the millionth time/reading Sing Them Home. I finished Gourmet Rhapsody on the train this morning-brilliant book, read it ASAP-and started Sing this afternoon. It's a little odd but very good. I also love that it's quite a thick book so hopefully it'll take me a bit longer to read...it's the last of the 6 books I brought with me. I don't want to have to buy too many while I'm here, both for financial and space reasons. Trying to take 20 books back with me...not an easy task, even from NYC. I think I'll be doing a lot of rereading...

No comments:

Post a Comment